Friday, May 29, 2015

Day 12 - Wild West Tour

We're in the section of the tour where we aren't playing much, because we're driving through areas without much live music scene, and the show I did get fell through at the last minute. It's a bummer to see a perfectly good weekend go to unused on tour, but we're having fun anyway. We're going to do some street performing to make up for it. 

Leaving Marfa, we drove back up through the beautiful Davis Mountains, all the way to Pecos. 







From Pecos, we drove up to Carlsbad, NM to spend the night in a campground. 
Jayson and I got up with the sunrise, he ran several miles and I did much-needed yoga. Suzi slept. 

Made breakfast, packed up, drove to Carlsbad Caverns National Park. I have been there a few times as a kid, but it still amazed and took my breath away. My pictures don't do it justice at all. 








After Carlsbad was the long drive to Alamogordo,NM. We took the southern route past the Guadalupe Mountains and El Paso. 



My grandparents had given us a few country western song books, so as I drove, Jayson played chords and Suzi read lyrics. We learned several songs, and at Guadalupe Pass we pulled over at a scenic overlook, and played "Tumbling Tumbleweeds" in front of El Capitan. Forgive me if I didn't sing it quite right, I learned while driving, and we couldn't do more than one take with a 7-year old camera operator:



1 comment:

  1. love the alien looking plantlife..carlsbad i was there when i was 5 i remember millions of bats darkening the sky at dusk the video was great i love it

    ReplyDelete